Farewell your neons and welcome nude nail polishes for this Summer’s hottest nail trend. Featured in the Gail Sorronda and OPI catwalks at this year’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Australia, it’s time to strip off dark and bright polishes and opt for a more neutral and forgiving shade.
While nude nail polish may sound underwhelming and make you feel like your hands will resemble those of a shop-front mannequin, when done right, they can be enough of a statement in themselves without clashing against your favourite Winter get-ups.
Even pale skinned beauties can rock a nude nail but the key is making sure you choose the right nude hue for your skin tone. The best way to select your ideal colour is to match the polish up against your foundation as opposed to your hand. This will help determine whether your most complementary pigment is a pink or more beige naked shade.
This has got to be one of the most do-able catwalk trends to hit the runway and we are convinced you will fall in love with the versatility of your pointers, so much so that you’ll want to rock this shade all year round. Behold … our pick of the best varying shades of nude lacquers!
1. Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Couture in Rose Abstract. Shop it here: Yves Saint Laurent
2. Boujois Paris So Lacque en Rose Lounge. Shop it here: Boujois Paris
3. Essie Nail Polish Ballet Slippers. Shop it here: Essie Nail Polish
4. Miss Frou Frou Nail Polish In Sand. Shop it here: Frou Frou Nail Polish
5. Model Co. Nail Polish Nude Attitude. Shop it here: Model Co. Nail Polish
6. Kester Black Nail Polish Butter Cream. Shop it here: Kester Black Nail Polish
7. Ciate Couture Nail Polish. Shop it here: Ciate Nail Polish
8. Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Naked. Shop it here: Cover Girl Nail Polish