Weddings make for some of the most memorable moments in a television series’ run: Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe chugging a few beers on the couch; Charlotte spilling red wine and subsequently crying in a bathroom; the entire final season of How I Met Your Mother. So naturally, the dresses worn by our favorite characters on the most important day of their lives make their mark, too.
1. Rachel on Friends: Rachel running away from her marriage to Barry is one of several iconic Friends wedding scenes. Rocking a ’90s-style ball gown at Central Perk, this series opener sets the tone for the following 10 years together and the many milestones our favorite friends will bring.
2. Blair on Gossip Girl. Gossip Girl fans may not have been rooting for this groom, but the stunning, lace Vera Wang A-line dress Blair wore at her wedding to soon-to-be ex husband Louis was fit for a princess.
3. Jessa on Girls. Hannah’s boho bestie shocked us all with her surprise wedding during Girls‘ season one finale. But we can’t say we were shocked about her choice of dress: a knee-length, off-the-shoulder crochet-and-lace sheath with a flower crown and netted veil.
4. Robin on How I Met Your Mother. The entire final season of How I Met Your Mother was dedicated to Robin and Barney’s nuptials, so how could we not talk about Ms. Sparkle’s dress? After all, this Monique Lhuillier design, which we saw on multiple occasions, was perfect.
5. Serena on Gossip Girl. It was the last thing we’d ever see on Gossip Girl and it was a perfect ending to the style-centric show. Concluding the six season-long saga, Serena marries on-and-off-again love Dan in a gold-and-white Georges Chakra gown only appropriate for the ultra-glam society girl.
6.Grace from Will & Grace. For awhile, it seemed like Grace would never marry and, instead, live happily-ever-after with BFF Will. But, alas, when it came time for the show’s star to tie the knot to Dr. Leo she wore a ball gown that spoke to her whimsical style and the gravity of the milestone.
7. Aunt Becky from Full House. While we could spend many minutes harping on our inappropriate childhood crushes on Uncle Jesse, we must discuss his longtime beau Becky’s gown: The puffed off-the-shoulder sleeves and sky-high veil make for the best ’90s wedding ever.